|A LEFT-EYED VIEW|
Roof-Seat Break Carriage
This is a roof-seat break carriage that is owned by Dr. and Mrs. Bill Chambers. The Chambers family history on Mackinac Island, Michigan reaches back to Bill’s great-grandfather arriving on the island from Ireland in 1830. Bill Chambers was the island Veterinarian for many years. He and Mrs. Chambers, along with other family members, have built and refurbished many carriages over the years. The large image on the wall behind the carriage dates back to the late 1800’s. The picture is of a family on a carriage ride in front of Fort Mackinac.
Photo captured October 4, 2016.
New photos posted on most Mondays through Thursdays.