A short-lived creation that I first undertook last year, but gave up as the Christmas season arrived too quickly. It's a wreath made up of different-sized PVC pipes that were cut in two-inch lengths. It then required me to lay out these PVC pieces around the circular base of a candle. Then using that base as a guide to create a circular form representing a wreath.
After getting the form I liked, the PVC pieces were hot-glued together.
Then I spray painted the wreath, but the paint (despite being made for PVC pipes) kept running and smearing, not leaving an even coat. The wreath also came apart, which boggled my mind.
After that happened, I tried to assemble another wreath with new pieces. But I decided against spray painting and kept it white after using acetone to get the ink print wiped off the PVC pipe pieces. After hot gluing the pieces again in a wreath shape, I then let it set overnight before reinforcing it with additional glue, given what happened the first time a week earlier.
After hanging the wreath, I filled the holes with ornaments and quickly took some photos.
Unfortunately, about 7 hours later, at about 2:00 AM, the wreath came crashing down off the wall, scaring me awake from a deep sleep. :-(
Thankfully, I photographed this before its demise.
Photo captured December 12, 2017.
New photos posted on most Mondays through Thursdays.
All photos are copyrighted and may not be reproduced or distributed without my expressed, written consent.